Steps to Take after a Bicycle Crash
Here are a few important steps to protect your legal rights after you have been in a bicycle crash.
- Always report your bicycle accident to police
- Preserve damaged property
- Photograph the damage
- Have your bike shop manager observe, assess, and document the damage
- Report your accident to your car insurance
- Get a copy of the police report
- Contact your insurance company, name of the insurance adjuster, claim number and phone number
- If you pay the ticket and you don’t contest the citation, you could look guilty
- Anything you say can later be repeated and used against you in court
- Don’t use social networks to write about your accident
- Take photographs of the accident scene, your injuries, and your damaged bicycle
- Get names of eyewitnesses if possible
Most importantly contact a reputable bicycle accident attorney that knows about the laws. If you would like to receive a free consult, please feel free to either call me at (904) 632-2424 or send me an email.